Friday, December 12, 2008

AN EASY KEEPER



So, I finally have all my Christmas shopping done...with the exception of Clarissa! She is the easiest, yet hardest person to buy for. I was at a loss as to what to buy her...what she really wanted! She needed a winter coat and boots, which we bought for her in November as it is cold in Utah, but she knew it was part of her Christmas. So, a few days ago, I called her and asked her what she wanted. She said, "Well, you already got me my Christmas. You bought me a coat and boots." I said, "Well that is what you NEEDED. I would like to know something you WANT." She replied, "Ummm, maybe a bread pan!" I almost died laughing!! I think I can afford a bread pan!! So, I said, "Well, what else?" She said, "Well, how about a movie." Her dad said, "Well be grateful she is such an easy keeper!" For that I am grateful. She is such a sweetheart!! Her whole life she has been so easy to please, she never asks for much, she is simply content to "roll with the punches"! I really cannot express enough how much we love her! We are so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed her to be such a wonderful part of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. You know it says a lot about you and Alan as her parents that she's got that attitude about receiving gifts. I hate to sounds like those really nasty old ladies who say their generation was so much "better" than my generation but really some of the high-school, college-aged kids just think they should have all the cutest clothes, home, cars, decor, etc. When really that stuff just doesn't matter and it takes a lot of sacrifice (or should take unless you like debt) to get those things. We all love Christmas but Clarissa is truly the biggest sweetheart and it doesn't surprise me at all about her that she's so laid back and sweet about what you get her for Christmas. She's an example to me! I love her!

    ReplyDelete

Trent Celebrating Christmas

Annual Thueson New Year's Bunco Bash!!

Sledding at Jemmett's Cabin